17 August 2008

two dimensions



Can you empty yourself onto an empty page in hopes of finding or losing yourself there?
Anything just to fill the space and unleash the inmate words from the mind's jail cell
Desperately making words appear out of nowhere, black on white, grasping at the thoughts as they fly by, unconscious, and forcing them to say something.
Having just a few makes me feel relieved to see something there, something tangible that might make sense of the nonsense that bounces and rattles in my brain, and then they grow to something bigger- something that tells me I’m not crazy after all; In fact, quite the opposite.
If I can find an audience for these festering bullshit words, I can convince someone, or more than one that I’m smart; or brilliant even.
Or at least not crazy. I'll settle for sane.
* * *